Strike Riots Civil Commotion
Risks : Money Insurance
STRIKE, RIOT AND CIVIL COMMOTION CLAUSE
It is agreed and understood that otherwise, subject to the terms, exclusions, provisions and conditions contained in the Policy or endorsed thereon and subject to the Insured having paid the agreed extra premium, this policy shall be extended to cover loss or damage due to strike, riot and civil commotion which for the purpose of this endorsement shall mean (subject always to the special conditions hereinafter contained) loss of or damage to the property insured directly caused by :
- The act of any person taking part together with others in any disturbances of the public peace (whether in connection with a strike or lock-out or not)
- The action of any lawfully constituted authority in suppressing or attempting to suppress any such disturbance or in minimizing the consequences of any such disturbance.
- The willful act of any striker or locked-out worker done in furtherance of a strike or in resistance to lock-out.
- The action of any lawfully constituted authority in preventing or attempting to prevent any such act or in minimizing the consequences of any such act.
Provided that it is hereby further expressly agreed and declared that:
- All the terms, exclusions, provisions and conditions of the Policy shall apply in all respects to the Insurance granted by this extension save in so far as the same are expressly varied by the following special conditions and any reference to loss or damage in the wording of the Policy shall be deemed to include the perils hereby insured against.
- The following special conditions shall apply only to the insurance granted by this extension and the wording of the Policy shall apply in all respects to the insurance granted by the Policy as if this Endorsement had not been made thereon.